Mayor Rahm Emmanuel of Chicago, IL. has made gay marriage his number three priority on his list of things to accomplish to “end discrimination on the books”.
“One is retirement security and pension reform so we can give taxpayers and the public employees retirement security, which is something we can’t say today,” Emanuel told reporters during a visit to Austin Polytechnical Academy High School to announce an investment in the school’s manufacturing program. “Two, I was advocating, as have other people for 25 years, a casino for the city of Chicago, but one in which I’ve committed [that] all the resources will go into school modernization and building new schools and modernizing our schools so our kids will have the best facilities to learn in. Third, I will continue to advocate, as I have since a congressman, that we also pass marriage equality and end the discrimination on the books.”
“The time for marriage equality is now. The time is right and the time is here,” he said, adding that he intended to become “very involved” in the issue to make sure it happens in Illinois.
- Uganda moves forward on anti-gay bill.
- Anti-gay group, Family Research Council defends Boy Scouts’ Anti-Gay policy as Security against “Phedophilia”.
- POLL: Do you support gay marriage or not? Take the POLL.
- UPS yanks their fiancial support of the Boy Scouts due to their anti-gay policy.
- Vatican compares gay marriage to bigamy in a new anti-gay media blitz.
- Gay Marriage (weddings) could boost the economy.
- Push to expand legalization of gay marriage.
- Kevin Clash (the man behind Elmo) admits he is gay and denies allegations that he had an inappropriate relationship with an underage boy.